Ref Number: 66
Ref Number: 66
In May 1920, the University of Economics Varna (VINS) was established as the Higher Trading School owing to the support of prominent Varna businessmen and scientists from Bulgaria and abroad.
The plan of building Higher School of Commerce (HSC) was achieved in 1911 with the financial support of the Varna Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the government. Once all was agreed the first stone was laid on what would become the Higher School of Commerce thanks to funding from the Varna Trade – Commercial Chamber and the government.
Architect Dabko Dabkov oversaw the whole construction process, which was planned by the renowned Nikola Lazarov. The 1st World War caused construction delays, and the structure wasn’t completed until 1924. The building’s aesthetic is a mix of French Renaissance elegance and Western European baroque.
The university’s original name predates 1938 and was either the Higher Commercial School or the Trading Academy. Economic and Social Sciences Graduate Program (1938-1945). Varna State University St. Cyril Slavyanoblgarski from 1945 until 1953. The Higher Institute of National Economy operated between the years 1953 and 1963; from 1963 until 1990, it operated under the name of Dimitar Blagoev. It has been officially known as Varna’s Economical University since 1990.
Education at the University is structured in terms of departments for both on-campus and distance learners. Depending on how long they went to school for, graduates may expect to obtain either a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.
The university’s extensive facilities include two buildings, contemporary dorms and dining halls, a library with more than a quarter million volumes, computer labs, a publishing business, an indoor sports facility, and more.