The Sea Garden – The largest park in Varna, impressive with its location by the seashore, magnificent green areas and interesting cultural heritage sites.
Please use both maps options to identify the points of Interest 1 to 9
- The central entrance of the Sea Garden. The colonnade was built at the end of the 1930s and is an emblem not only of the park, but also of Varna. The square space in front of the entrance to the Sea Garden is named after Anton Novak, the Czech landscape architect who built the Sea Garden and many other green spaces in the city.
- Rich biodiversity of tree species. In the Sea Garden, from its creation in the 19th century until today, various tree species have been planted, characteristic not only of the flora of Bulgaria and Europe, but also of other continents. Linden, platans, cedars, pines, chestnuts, maples, carobs and many others can be seen.
- The model of the Black Sea. It was built in the 1930s and presents the Black Sea and the surrounding coast in relief in depth, and plates with the names of the more famous cities from the countries that have coasts on this particular sea have been added.
- The aquarium. The idea for the creation of the Aquarium was born at the beginning of the 20th century, as the initiator of the creation was the Bulgarian King Ferdinand I Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. The building has beautifully ornamented facades, and in the museum exposition you can see various sea creatures from the Black Sea and other parts of the world.
- Naval Museum-Varna. Located in the beautiful park, this museum offers visitors the opportunity to touch a rich exposition of thousands of exhibits, presenting and promoting the maritime and naval history of Bulgaria.